Are You Doing it Alone?

Out of the thousands of things you can obsess about, only 3-4 matter right now.
Perry Marshall
 
Developing the entrepreneurial mindset is one of the most important things you can do. When you are your own boss, when you can’t go running to someone else for cover, you had better know why you have chosen your path in the first place. As they say, “Know Your Why.” You may want freedom, unlimited income, a lifestyle business that allows you to be with your kids, or the ability to work from anywhere in the world. All of this is possible when you call the shots. And only you can tell yourself why you do what you do. When things don’t quite go your way, you need to draw upon your “Why” for support and inspiration. You can’t rely on the contradictory advice you are going to get from others. In this chapter we’re going to look at some of the less-talked-about characteristics that make up successful entrepreneurs. Some of them may go against your own nature, which is why you need to be fully aware of them.
 
You Can’t Do it Alone
Giving up control is one of the hardest things for an entrepreneur to do. We are brought up to be self-reliant, and we think we can do it all. As a result, we can take on more than we should and find ourselves overwhelmed and confused.
There are tasks that we are good at and others that we are not so good at. As I mentioned earlier, experts say that each of us excels at about 5% of what it takes to succeed in business. We can get by for a while doing the other 95%, but sooner or later, you will need to delegate and share the work. You don’t want to try to become an expert at 100% of what needs to be done, which is often our first inclination. No, you can’t do it all.
Outsourcing is one way to get things done, and there are ways of finding people who are willing to work for a lot less than you might imagine. In the Philippines, you can find college graduates with excellent English skills who will work for $5 an hour. You can also take on partners or employees as you grow. The bottom line is that you have to recognize your limitations and take action accordingly.

rickESI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *